LATEST MMO NEWS

Aeria Games shuts down Soldier Front 2 in North America

on . Posted in Special Force 2 / Soldier Front 2

Rating: 4.60/5 (5 Votes)

Soldier Front_2_Logo2This sad announcement was made on August 4th, Aeria Games decided to shut down the free-to-play FPS Soldier Front 2 in North America (known also as Special Force 2 in other regions). The servers will go offline on September 4th, 2015. R.I.P. Soldier Front 2...

specialforce2 special33

Together with Aeria Games we had been among the first to give away Early Access key codes for the Closed Beta of Soldier Front 2 back in June 2013. And just two years later Aeria Games called it a day and announced that the shooter will be terminated ahead of its predecessor Soldier Front which is still live.

The termination of Soldier Front 2 won't have any effect on the versions in the other territories, where it runs under the title Special Force 2 and S.K.I.L.L. - Special Force 2 in Europe. The reason for shutting it down? Mere speculation... most probably it didn't turn out to be economically successful - and the reasons for this, again you might speculate. But it does not seem to be related to a worsened relationship with developer Dragonfly as they still run Soldier Front 1. 

In a short-term perspective it will be more difficult for Korean developers to find a US publisher for their f2p titles.

Again, Special Force 2 is still live in other regions, check the official sites.

Comments   

+1 #1 Packet 2015-08-25 06:27
My ping has been most often orange in this game since the last server change they made and I am in North America.

Please login to post comments.