War Thunder is a free-to-play World War 2-themed MMO combat game, in which players pit against each other in massive aerial combats. The major battles take place during the period from 1939 to 1953 (including the Korean War) on historically accurate locations. Players can choose between more than 200 authentic planes, upgrade or buy new planes from Germany, Soviet Union, USA, Japan, Great Britain, and later on Australia and Italy. War Thunder boasts to deliver realistic physics and individual flight models that are based on historically technical characteristics.
In War Thunder players can test their skills in either multiplayer, single player or cooperative PvP or PvE game modes. Historical Battles are PvP modes in which players gain in-game experience in 16vs16 team battles and unlock new content and gameplay features. The Sandbox mode allows players to create their own battles, based on rules and settings that can be predefined. The PvE mode allows virtual pilots to join battles on theatre of war. War Thunder also offers single player PvE missions and dynamic PvE campaigns.
Developer Gaijin Entertainment plans to add armored vehicular and naval warfare in the next future.
- Free-to-play MMO aerial combat game, set in World War 2, with more than 200 of historically authentic planes and locations
- Players can choose between planes from the USA, Soviet Union, Germany, Great Britain and Japan that are based on historically accurate, technical characteristics
- More than 17 authentic WW2 war zones: Germany, Russia, Pacific, Great Britain, etc.
- PvP and PvE game modes: Full-scale multiplayer combat missions, singleplayer, mission editor, dynamic campaigns and cooperative gameplay
Min. System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- CPU: 2.2 GHz
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 7XXX
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Drive: 8 GB of free space