PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online first person shooter (MMOFPS) game and takes all features from its predecessor: massive multiplayer battles with hundreds of players, large scale continents, intense ground and air combat, set in a futuristic scenario. The battles take place across the three continents Indar, Esamir and Amerish of planet Auraxis.
At first players should choose wisely which of the three rivaling empires they will join, as each empire provide different weaponry, vehicles, aircraft and abilities for battle. There are vehicles and aircraft available to all factions though.
The New Conglomerate, a loosely organized band of rebels, has access to heavy armored tanks and air fighters with superior firepower, such as the Vanguard and the Reaver. The weapons of the New Conglomerate are hard-hitting, but less accurate.
The authorian and oppressive Terran Republic equips their soldiers with weapons that are accurate, have fast firing rates, but do less damage. Prowler, the Terran Republic's battle tank, is the fastest tank, as well as the Mosquito, their air fighter.
The Vanua Sovereignty relies on their powerful, alien technology and provide maneuverable and agile mobile hover vehicles, the Magrider, and the Scythe aircraft. Their weapons discharge deadly plasma bolts, which are less effective at long range.
Players need to choose between six infantry classes Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Medic, Engineer, Infiltrator and Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX). Each class has access to class-related primary and secondary weaponry. With a an extensive skill tree and free-form class-based system, players will be able to customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Battles can last for days or weeks, so players will need to build alliances and specialized combat outfits to take on long-term strategic and tactical initiatives. With air, ground and seaborne combat, the battles will be larger and more intense.
- Free-to-play, sci-fi MMOFPS, entirely built on SOE's Forgelight Engine, with massive, long-running combats with infantry, aircraft and vehicles on large scale continents
- Three rivaling empires with distinctive weapons, vehicles, aircrafts and abilities: Terran Republic, New Conglomerate, Vanu Sovereignty
- Six infantry classes with related weaponry: Light Assault, Heavy Assault, Medic, Engineer, Infiltrator and Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX)
- Battle for territories & resources: Holding a battleground will reward the empire with fuel, ammo and tech bonuses
- Skill Tree System: Players will be able to build their soldier to match their play-style, or to match the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Each combat role, vehicle and weapon will have extensive skill trees
- Weapon system: Players will be able to access more than 20 basic weapons, which can be customized to players’ preference or purpose.
- Vehicles: More than 15 vehicles with two unique vehicles per empire. Players will be able to customize each vehicle, unlocking new skills and features
Min. System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- CPU: Pentium 2 Duo E6850
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Drive: 15 GB of free space