CrossFire is a free-to-play military MOFPS, developed by South Korea-based SmileGate. In Cross Fire two international mercenary forces corporations are at war. Players assume the role of either a Global Risk mercenary or a Black List terrorist, and join an online team that must work together to complete objective-based scenarios.
CrossFire offers common MOFPS PvP game modes, such as death match, elimination and escape modes. In the past years SmileGate added the first PvE game modes with mutant / zombie modes, in which players have to fight off waves or turn into a zombie.
CrossFire claims to be the most played MOFPS in 2012. Through its partnership with publisher and games operator Tencent, CrossFire has achieved a record (September 2012) of 4 mio. peak concurrent users (PCU) in China. CrossFire runs smoothly on low-end PCs.
- More than 14 distinctive character classes available: from NAVY SEALs to powerful mutants
- 10 game modes and more than 40 maps including Free-for-All, Escape, Hero, Hero Mode X, Team Death Match, Elimination, Search and Destroy, Mutation, Ghost, and Zombie and the youngest additions: mutation and zombie game modes
- Military-ranking system: players earn experience points and achievements which allow them to level-up through different military ranks and unlock exclusive items and equipment
- Player customization: personalize your in-game character with numerous items, weapons, and equipment
- Integrated friends list and clan formation system
- Achievement system
Min. System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- CPU: Pentium 4 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce 5600
- Hard Disk Drive: 1.2 GB of free space