Global Mission is a free-to-play MOTPS, entirely built on the Unreal Engine 3 and developed by Yingpei Games. It is originally titled (translated) as “Global Mission” in China, but runs under many other titles in other countries. For clarification:
- Global Mission – The English translation for the original title in China, as it was released there at first.
- Mercenary Ops – This title was chosen for North-America and Europe, but the game never made it out of beta. It is in service as Mercenary Ops in Indonesia though.
- Final Mission – Titled as Final Mission the shooter was launched as closed beta in Korea, but terminated shortly after. It runs as Final Mission in Taiwan
- M.A.R.S. and M.A.R.S. Online – These are the titles for Brazil and Turkey.
- Black Fire – This is the game title chosen by the publishers in Thailand and Russia
- Mercenary Online – The game title for the Philippines.
Global Mission is set in the future during a time when many conflicts devastated Earth. Players fight for rivalling factions as mercenaries. Global Mission implements cover-based mechanics as found in other Third Person Shooters. Along with these familiar gameplay elements, the game is enhanced by adding destructible cover.
Combat in Global Mission puts an equal emphasis on both competitive play and team-based cooperative missions. In competitive multiplayer, up to 8vs8 teams can face off in more than 10 different, intense PvP modes, while in more than 6 PvE co-op modes, teams of 3 - 8 players take on hordes of AI controlled enemies and mini-bosses in a fight for survival.
Apart from the dynamic combat features, Global Mission features an array of customization and advancement options. Players gain experience from killing enemies and completing difficult mission objectives, allowing for more opportunities to access weapon and equipment upgrades; some of which can only be obtained in select game modes.