How to ACCURATELY play FPS with console controls, whats the secret?

More
3 months 7 hours ago #1747 by tompitt
HI,

On the Playstation 3 (PS3) I have a couple of games, and last week for reasons which defy sanity, I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PS3. (I have 300+ hours racked up in BC2 for the PC).I just cannot cope with the dual-joystick move/look-shoot paradigm.My aiming reticule is like an ETCH A SKETCH on the screen, always moving in up/down OR left/right, never diagonally. My movement is similarly left/right or forward/back, never diagonally.It's insanely slow and difficult compared to using a mouse.BC2 on the PS3 doesn't cater for a mouse, only for the six-axis controller (I plugged a mouse in to check, the PS3 recognises it, lets me move through menus with it, but in game, there is no reaction to using the mouse.So, HOW do you -accurately- move your cursor with a ^%$#@! controller? I see other players playing and they seem to be perfectly fine (and accurate). I just "look at sky/look at ground/fire into wall nowhere near opponent/die" Lather, rinse, repeat.I still play a bit of pubbie-server BC2 on the PC, and a lot of Black Ops (friends only) on PC, but my console-FPS skills are just horrid. The single-player game is completely on the rails as far as I can tell; plus there is no 'server browser' just a 'join game' button which irks me a bit too, since I prefer fuller games (whine, moan, gripe, etc).Can someone let me in on the 'how to play with a controller and do ok' secret(s)?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1139949
Motion graphics video animation service

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 8 hours ago #1781 by ConstanceBaldwin
BC2 and PS3 are really exciting with PlayStation and many people like to play different games like this. Many essay writers in uk like to play video games in their free time which is very healthy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds